PDA

View Full Version : WIP My Website

HughieDM
12-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Ok so I posted here because I am interested in level design and I just graduated with an Architecture degree. I would love it if you guys could look at the site I have been working on and give me some hard core CC.

The part of the site that is still under cunstruction is the "Quick Portfolio" Im still not sure if that is what I want to call it. The idea behind it is to show my most recent and best work. Im tring to think of the best way to make it work. I want it to be maby 10 pictures and a demo real but Im still thinking of how to do it. I hope to have the site figured out by tomarrow night.

Hope you like it...
www.HughieDM.com (http://www.hughiedm.com)

Any thing you Guys can give me will be great

salman-fas
12-19-2007, 08:03 AM
I have a couple of suggestions about your website.

first of all: "Welcome to my porfolio.......contact me through contact portion"
y not put your e-mail address right there on the home page.

2nd thing: instead of hiding the resume in contact page, make a direct link to your resume which can be accessed no matter which page you are at(like portfolio, links, contact).

Include your best work:thumbsup:
(BTW what's up with "oops"?)

HughieDM
12-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Thanx for the comments I fixed a few things and with thoughs sujestions I think im going to get rid of the contact portion completely

Oh and the Oops is what shows up if the image doesnt show up or is loading:D
I thought it was kinda funny so I kept it

Quick portfolio will be done soon

GradiusCancer
12-20-2007, 03:45 PM
There's a lot of basic portfolio standards thrown out the window here. In lue of taking the exhausting time explain it all, review this article and implement what you can;
http://www.thejonjones.com/2005/10/07/your-portfolio-repels-jobs/

HughieDM
12-21-2007, 01:44 AM
GradiusCancer: Thanx for that site it was really helpful

I was planning on making the "quick portfolio" My portfolio Site so Im going to rename it "My Online Portfolio" and that link would be what I would send to my perspective Employer.
My site is more of my home page not really a portfolio. It is going to be a place where I can dump my stuff.

Ill have the Portfolio site portion done tonight so ill make a direct link tomarrow.

Thanx
Hugh

CGTalk Moderation
12-21-2007, 01:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.