PDA

View Full Version : night and day

megra
04-21-2003, 10:53 PM
http://madhattersociety.homestead.com/files/misc/sunmoon5.jpg

crits much appreciated. i tried bolder colors with this, but they didn't work well.

lindavanbruggen
04-22-2003, 08:58 AM
they are great, and colors are also great (i like pastel)

This picture has a good "ali babba" feeling;)

Diablo™
04-22-2003, 09:04 AM
Fantastic! Love the hair on the chic.

efoo
04-22-2003, 09:16 AM
Nice style, Megra! i love the pale colour of the artwork, it seems not all works suitable for sharp colour! How long it took u to finish? :buttrock:

secretasianman
04-22-2003, 11:50 AM
nice colors, but i could't tell what style you were going for.
it looks like you were trying to mix styles and ideas.:surprised

megra
04-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Danke!

it took me several hours of screwing around with color:P

um . . . i wasn't trying to go for a style . . . i do most of my drawing in class, to amuse myself because all my classes are jokes. the only ideas i had in my head were the concepts of night and day, sun/moon, etc. ie "la la la, oh look, i drew a girl. she should be the sun. oh! the sun should be a CANDLE! . . . i have space left on my paper . . . i'll draw a guy! the moon should be a candle TOO! ah--yes, why hello there teacher."

i wasn't thinking of arabian nights, or even of anime, which is my strongest influence, artistically. a friend said the guy was reminiscent of sandman, but i've never seen/read that comic.

so, if its got a style to it, it's probably mine, or ripped off so subtley that i'm not aware of it:hmm:

9th Legion
04-23-2003, 10:18 AM
some really good art you made there !:buttrock:

I see indeed that you experimented with the colors. But it turned out fabulously :drool:

WonderWolf Drew
04-24-2003, 12:55 AM
Really cool, man. :thumbsup:

I'd only say I'd break up one of the lines above the moon's top lip. He looks a little like his nose is streaming. Bad cold. :D

WW

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.