PDA

View Full Version : Short Film WIP

kennez
12-18-2007, 12:09 PM
My girlfriend has asked me to upload part of her work towards her Masters course for some critique. After she has graduated, we aim to complete this film together.

Here are a couple of pictures of the two characters. The basic story is that the Boy dreams of playing football (the proper type, not the American type!), but all his Father wants him to do is sell food from a stall in the park. The Boy isn't happy about this, and shows his displeasure.

The characters were modelled in Maya, with the Father sculpted in Mudbox. Rigging and animation was done in Maya, and the camera tracking was done in either Boujou or Matchmover Pro (she was evaluating different applications as part of her dissertation). Rendered with Renderman and comped with Shake.

Please note that the textures and shading on the Boy need redoing - there simply wasn't time before the deadline. Also, since these were rendered, she's added a skin shader onto the Father - he looks a lot better now (the skin looks a lot more real).

I'll have to upload the video later, because it is currently an uncompressed MOV file.

Any advice is appreciated!

kennez
12-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Here are the pictures of the Boy

Kid-Mesh
12-27-2007, 06:23 AM
I loved the choosen style. The stylized characters are very interesting. I'd love to see an animation test and know more about the short.

Keep us posted.

kennez
01-09-2008, 12:11 AM
I haven't had a chance to convert the videos until now, but here are a couple of shots.

Shot 1 is virtually finished (except for any feedback given here). The compositing needs some work still.
http://mjkstudios.brinkster.net/Video/shot1.avi

Shot 2 is about half way there, but needed to be rendered for the hand-in of the project. There is still a lot of work needed on the animation, and again the compositing needs a lot of work.
http://mjkstudios.brinkster.net/Video/shot2.avi

If anybody has any feedback, I'll pass it along when we come to finish the film.

lime324
01-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Hi! Seen your couple shot here, well, on your 1st shot, it looks floaty overall. try to understand more about timing, it really important in animation.
On your second shot, I can't say too much about it, still half way done..

Keep it up, man!
Good luck! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2008, 09:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.