PDA

View Full Version : Quick Character

liquidminduk
12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Been a while since i've done any low poly work so here goes

Around 5800 polys, normal maps created in Zbrush, still a long way to go but hey

Comments and crits welcome

http://features-temp.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/41683/41683_1197906432_large.jpg

Gaboon
12-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Really nice design. I also like the realistic proportions. My only crit would be the lack of definition in his low poly sillhouette, especially the legs. I'd exaggerate the angles a lot more. Turn off the lights and bring out the definition looking at his outline. Good job overall.

vince22
12-17-2007, 05:48 PM
cool looking guy.

if u compare the hands to the feet, the feet look a little small,

look forward to ur next update.

CG-Gordon
12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Nice start on the model liquidminduk, looks like a very interesting character. Not sure how you normally work but you have quite a lot of high frequency details before forming the hands and feet fully...but thats maybe just how you work :wise:

The knee area could use a little more form, especially the back of the knee. The knee caps themselves look a little bit short, maybe grab some ref and make some changes.

The head shape looks good and details are coming along nicely. Do you have a concept or ref for this guy so we can see where your hoping to take him, or are you just doing it from your head?

liquidminduk
12-18-2007, 03:16 AM
Cheers for the comments people.

CG-Gordon: This was totally sketch modeled, so no references have been used yet, and i totally agree about the knees, need more rifining. The hands and feet i havn't worked on much as of yet, will add more detail to them later.

Gaboon: Thanks, yes i see what you mean, needs more of a sillhouette. Will exaggerate the shapes a little more:thumbsup:

vince22: Bigger feet, cheers

Will update asap.

Dan

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2007, 03:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.