PDA

View Full Version : Integration of 2d animation work into real world

angeloiselle
12-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know what is the process like embedding animation into real life video?

For example,

In real life video, it is showing that I'm drawing a cow. First i draw an oval for body. Next, i draw two circles of eyes.

The eyes are blinking. (animated)

I continue adding on more details until i have a drawing of cow. It is a static picture of cow on the paper in front of me.

Then, the cow jumped out of the paper. (For this part, how do you make it work?)

I roughly guess it would be a mixture of shake and aftereffects softwares.

So does anyone know in details the workflow of that part: integrating animation into life video?

Hope someone can understand what i mean.

Looking forward to hear a reply. Thanks. :)

rame16
01-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Hello

to make it fast, i think with my humble experience that you should use THE drawing OF your VIDEO to create your animated cow. what i mean is to create small 2d elements made WITH one of the frames (pictures) of your video. (i suggest you use THE first picture were you want your cow to jump out of the paper). Hope your paper 's white, and has no lines on it, because you'll have to HIDE the drawing on the rest of the video, after the action of the cow jumping out the sheet of paper: You'll have to paint the sheet of paper white again.
The animation will be transitionnal : first, the cow, simply on your video. Next, the cow EXTRACTED from it (at the frame you wish, but as i said it would be a good idea to use the very frame were the 'transition' happens) takes its place, and will be animated on layers over the video one.
Then you simply animate your 2d shapes like simple ones, those shapes you extracted by masking, erasing and stamp corrected from a still frame.

Is it an appropriate answer? Good luck!
Hope you understand my advices, as i'm not used to talk about technics in english.

See you

angeloiselle
01-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Hello!

Thanks for your kind attention and taking time to reply. :)

I've already managed to work it out almost similar to what you have stated in your reply.

I exported the video to image sequence and selected certain images (frames) to be edited in photoshop, followed by animation with the help of aftereffects. :)

WTHSODA
01-09-2008, 07:20 PM
hi,

What we did here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuqbDQGz9AA is we shot video and animated the animation in in the computer.. much like you did, except we did not use Photoshop (well only a little bit), mainly because PS is not an animation program. We used Mirage (or tv-paint, wich is the same thing), but there are many programs like it. try toon boom, or animo for example. if you draw on paper traditionally, you'll have to cut out all the characters and create an Alpha chanel (well not have to, but that's the easiest way) or try to rotoscope it in a program like After Effects or similair..

anyway.. hope to have helped.. later

rame16
01-10-2008, 11:03 AM
WTHSODA (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=259044) - haha! very nice animation! ... full of creativity, sensibility... it's .. WIDe!
thanx for sharing this!
thanx dudes

angeloiselle
01-10-2008, 11:49 AM
yes i agree with rame16! nice fluidity!

I like the part where the red subject is watching the black subjects that seemed to be putting up a performance. :D

Thanks for sharing. :)

I was surfing around youtube to find out about mirage that you mentioned when i came across really a cool clip.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF3x_xBvTtA

X)

WTHSODA
01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
thanks for digging the video..

angeloiselleyou clip reminds me of whiteboard animation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u46eaeAfeqw (<= not mine)

which can allso be done without mirage.. fun to play around with if you have a whiteboard..

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.