PDA

View Full Version : Character: Sundog

GlennIsrael
04-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new here, but I used to frequent the old TeamGT and Polycount forums under the nick 'delo'. I haven't posted anything online in quite awhile, but here (finally!) is something I doodled up at work a few months ago.
A sundog is an ex-patriate of orbital society, roaming between worlds in search of adventure. . .
:-)
G
http://www.aaronlemay.com/sundog.jpg

tigrvision
04-21-2003, 04:47 PM
that looks pretty cool, nice design.
only thing is that she seems to be missing her left breast, or maybe it's just much smaller than her right one. even though she is lifting her left arm, i think it would still show a bit.
another thing is i'm not so sure about the pants, but that's just a matter of taste.

what's that thing she's got strapped on her back?

megra
04-21-2003, 09:50 PM
well, the amazons of yore were quite partial to being one breasted. that giant thing strapped to her would probably be a gun, seeing as she's an adventuer. and it would make sense for her to go the amazon route with a weapon that big, to aid her aim.

and actually, lifting her arm like that would make her left breast lift and be more visible, if she had one.

i am wondering where the rest of her legs/feet are though . . .

i do like the costume design, especially those colors. bravo^^ i like the term sundog too . . . are there stories to go with this?

callon
04-23-2003, 06:33 AM
GlennIsrael:

Yes, this is a beautiful style. A nice clean and cripsp but soft look to her face. But she also has certain mysteriousness about her. You're quite good with anatomical contour, musculature, and color.

I'd echo tigrvision's and GlennIsrael's (nice historical throwback to the Amazons!) comments about the left breast. That area does seem a little too flat.

You might consider cropping the picture so that her missing feet aren't as noticeable/distracting.

One little thing: You have her right eyebrow showing through the tresses of her hair when it should be concealed by them.

Overall, great job!!! :love:

KEEP IT COMIN'!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.