PDA

View Full Version : color shift in windows media format

crazy homeless
04-21-2003, 02:50 PM
unfortunatly i am having a problem doing a screen capture of windows media player, probably a microsoft built in security feature, but here is my question... i am working on a building fly-through that will eventually be posted on the clients website in windows media format. when i compress my file into windows media there is a shift in the color. the animnation clip is darker, and has a yellow tinge. is this standard problem with the windows media codec?

does anyone know how i can do a screencapture of the windows media player? everytime i try, a black area shows up where the media file should be.

it is kind of hard to help me if you can not see the problem.

ts.

beaker
04-21-2003, 05:21 PM
This is because most movie players use double buffering that "composites" the movie file on a separate video plane on top of everything else. You need to find a way to turn on "direct rendering" for the movie player. I know you can easily do this with quicktime player by changing the prefs for the video to "GDI rendering". Not sure about WMP, but Im sure you can search the web and find it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.