PDA

View Full Version : Updating the sticky?

unLevel
04-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Kirt, or lildragon, I know this isn't a "collaborative team project" but do you think one of you 2 can edit lildragon's sticky possibly to include "this is not a recruiting forum for your own project, this is for team work" or somethign?

Like "if the author is not willing to work on his/her own project, then don't post hoping to get some free labor?"

I'm sorry to sound harsh, and anyone can rebuttle here if they'd like, or if wished, I can delete my thread, no questions asked....

or should we just let threads like that just get buried under all the amazing projects currently under development?

unLevel
04-21-2003, 02:52 PM
also, does anyone notice a trend?

all the "projecteers" who are starting threads down here are "new members"??

is this forum slowly evolving into a "free work" forum?

and, if so, what can I or "we" do to help change that?

Kirt
04-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Touchy subject that's been debated a few times already between the Mods & Admins here. We've come to the realization that it's a fine line between collaboration and free artist recruitment. So, we've decided to continue allowing all posts to come here and to let the members decide on their own which projects seem like true collaborations.

I think by looking at the threads that slip away over time, you come to the realization that the work for free stuff isn't getting much feedback.

Therefore, the natural selection seems to be working in the forum's favor. :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.