PDA

View Full Version : Mray and fog

Ozren
04-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Hello all,

I am new here, so first of all, hi to all people here ! :buttrock:

I am using Maya 4.5 and Mray 1.5.1 for a while now, figured out some basic stuff, but cant figure out fog and gobo effect ( gobo = fog rays passing trough window for example, and fog rays braking at window points).

Anyone have any ideas on how to do it with Spot light and fog?

Another Q is maybe not directly connected to Mray, but how, in general, do you guys make your textures. Any special styles, hand drawing, Maya 2d-3d textures, maybe using some special tools for textures? Share your knowlage :p

Ken Koala
04-23-2003, 02:17 AM
check out
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53900

LowEndFrequency
04-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Well I dont think you would need mental ray to do that.... just shine a light through some env. fog... but make sure you have raytrace shadows turned on, and raytracing enabled in your render globals.

Ozren
04-25-2003, 06:23 PM
This is very frustrating...i have volume sphere, one spot light, and a ball inside the fog. Fog is ok, but my spot light (shining the ball) doesent produce gobo effect.

I just cant make it work.:hmm:

Ozren
04-25-2003, 06:30 PM
Btw, i managed to make gobo effect with Spot light and fog attached to it. thing works as long as you dont turn on Area lights or GI or FG. So that method fails.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.