PDA

View Full Version : My text size is messed up

SheepFactory
04-21-2003, 06:42 AM
Hi guys ,

How can i reset everything in PS back to original , my text started acting weird , even at a font size of 4 its huge , i have to manually scale it after i type. Any idea why that happened?

thanks in advance

Ali

theGuest
04-21-2003, 07:45 AM
Well generally you can reset all prefs in PS by simply renaming/deleting your PS Prefs file -- which makes PS create a new one from scratch. That resets every aspect of the program's setup settings.

But... before you think about doing that, check something out first.

Open Photoshop. Then look under the WINDOW menu and choose "Character" (at the bottom). In that Type settings window you'll see 2 big capitol T letter, halfway down the window. One has a vertical arrow beside it, the other a horizontal arrow below it.
Make sure that both of those settings are at 100%. And while you're in there, check that the other settings are either on 0 (zero) or "Auto". Except for the text size of course.

See if that helps first.

Stroker
04-21-2003, 01:12 PM
The last time this happened to me, turned out to be the DPI on the image.

Every other time this happened to me, I'm not sure what went wrong, but reseting the prefs did the trick.

theGuest
04-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Ya, good thinkin Stroker Lightyear of Borg. DPI might be wacked out also. :thumbsup:

Right-click the Titlebar of your doc, and choose "Image Size". See that the resolution is at either 72 (Mac) or 96 (PC). :bounce:

Ikarus
04-22-2003, 12:06 AM
You can reset any tool in photoshop by simply going to the option bar on top, and on the top left you should see the icon of the tool your using, right click on it and a menu will pop out (Reset Tool, Rest all Tools). So you can choose to rest that specific tool or all your tools, they will go back to their default state

So you may want to do that for the Type Tool. You may also want to check out the image resolution like Stoker said and make sure it's a 72 dpi, or 300 if your doing print work.

Cured Solace
04-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Sometimes that has to do with the text prefrences you do. When that happens to me, and I'm using a pixel font, I usually just screw around with this. See the image below. If that doesn't work, Hmm, sometimes it just goes away when you reboot PS.

Image:
http://12.211.113.245/temps/text.gif

MAGiQ
04-23-2003, 08:55 AM
Press shift-ctrl-alt during the Photoshop launch, that'll reset everything.

Diablo™
04-23-2003, 09:06 AM
wow, that shift+ctrl+alt reset is awesome!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.