PDA

View Full Version : xmas holliday at SQ chalange - but as a test on my new mac system!

palpal
12-14-2007, 12:46 AM
OK... I have had some fights with my new mac system but really, I have not restarted LW on the mac in 18 days... that is long? How stable is this os really? I have alot of other software on it also... well good for me... Love.

Over to the winter challange... I have tried to create something that will be more in the hollyday spirit... It is indoors and in a room and it is a toy my daughter Vilde, got for xmas last year... She is 5 years old and this is her most treasured xmas thing, in her life. She do not want to open it before xmas? I think it is nice to open it from time to time as it is so nice... to see her spin with the simple music from withing the magic box she lives inside.

I will do a animation where the box opens up and she bends up like in the real toy... next week I will rig and animate her to, so she will dance for us all while spinning around. I am planning to have a mirrored slideshow inside the mirror behind her... so while she dance there are images changing in the mirror, must try to make them abit low in opacity and so on... I also have an idea to film my daughters head looking at her, could add something to the movie. But that I do not know if will be cool or too much work to get nice!

It is rendered on my new mac and the colours and contrast do not show the same on a PC... but in time I will be better at that too...

I sure would dream that evasion3d plugins and worley should work on the mac though... ohhh... I render it using cannon nds markII cam, and a cannon lens, I think it really adds something that the lines in perspective is not all alligned, but curved... hmmm... cam settings in LW is real cool in my mind... ohhh...

Hope you like this first preview of my creation to the challenge, created in 93 but with classic surface ed... do not figure out nodes man... nodes man!!

http://www.flottaltsaa.no/forums/sq/winter/preview_001.jpg

http://www.flottaltsaa.no/forums/sq/winter/preview_002.jpg

Yours PAL :cheers:

bearfoot
12-14-2007, 08:35 AM
looks nice to me congrats..

i like the depth of field..

i would maybe do something with the lighting .. looks a little flat to me..

cool work though

cheers

erikals
12-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Truely great work,

Not sure what to say, nothing much to put the finger on here... it might me a teeni-tiny bit flat, though not sure what could be done, playing with some lighting perhaps, or adding some bumpmaps...

I digg it...
Keep making top-notch stuff like this :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2007, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.