PDA

View Full Version : Have Verts into a Character set?

PolygonGoon
12-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, i need to key verts in my rig, cause they are being manipulated and keyed. So i put all of my Verts into the character set, but the problem is, the 1st key take forever! Like 30 minutes long or longer. After the 1st key it is fast and everything.

So is it chaching all of the verts in memory, then thats why after the 1st key, it keys nice and quick? If so is there a way to cache it manually? Or if you know why its doing this and can help, please do!

thanks guys.

-Mark

isoparmB
12-14-2007, 06:14 AM
I don't know if it's safe for you to put vertices directly into character sets, although it is possible (I've never tried that one...).

I would cluster each vertice you needed control over and put those into a character set.
At least you'd have a transform node you could refer to for animation changes.

PolygonGoon
12-14-2007, 03:34 PM
ok, is there an easy way to put a custer on each vert? thanks for all your help in the previous thread aswell!

isoparmB
12-16-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm not in front of maya now so you'll have to do some tweaking with this code. I suggest you open up a script editor, check on echo all commands and see what command gets performed when you do a createCluster operation.

For this mel, select all the vertices you want clusters for. Just vertices.

string $list[] = `ls -sl -flatten`;
string $item;

for($item in $list)
{
select -r $item;
>>>insert command to create cluster in here. Get rid of the three pointy brackets on each end<<< ;
};

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2007, 07:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.