PDA

View Full Version : Problems withs smooth skinning

fasteez
04-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Hey
I have a mesh skinned to a skeleton, i used A. Alvarez' method to control muscle deformations as shown in skinning 1 vidz, but when i add influences , i have to repaint weights. And when i repaint those weights , maya recalculate weights and it goes crazy, the knee influences drive rotation of the torso etc etc .
Ive tried turning off the weight normalisation , but when i edit weights , vertices go straight to 0 0 0 (world space).
:\ i'm lacking of ways to go now
If someone see where i'm goin' wrong please tell me
Thanks in advance for your answer. See ya

mental
04-20-2003, 11:24 PM
in the add influence options tick the Weight Locking box on and set the Default weight to zero. with this setting you will be able to add influence objects without screwing up your carefully done weight job. from there go into component editor and add the weight value to your new influence objects.

hope that helps
-mental :surprised

fasteez
04-21-2003, 08:24 AM
Thanks a lot man gonna try now ^^

fasteez
04-21-2003, 10:54 AM
Its also coz i decrease the weight of some joints, its better to increase weight .(because of the normalization)

mental
04-21-2003, 05:06 PM
just remember that the weight for each vertex should add up to '1'. those points that don't equal one will lag behind the rest of the model when you begin to animate.

also when adding influence objects: remember to select the 'skincluster' of your mesh and turn the 'use component' attribute to 'on'.

good luck!

-mental :surprised

fasteez
04-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Thx a lot for these advice, i was thinking the opposite way ^___^
In fact maya skinning tools are good.
Lets get ready to muscle deformations !!! *________*;;;

Only hope that my p2 350 will be able to refresh all these influences and skin cluster u__u bout 20fps

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.