PDA

View Full Version : orc JUMP

thehive
12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
hey guys im redoing this orc animaiton using a lot of keith langos methods an idea i did some timing on it , i used monkey jam to do the timing works really nice

let me know if it works

http://www.mantamediagroup.com/3dpic/ocnew2.mov

anthonymcgrath
12-13-2007, 01:06 PM
nice blocking out - need to fix the timing between poses though. I would try adding a little step in after the jump off (check out hulk when he lands outside the building... just before the apache heli's fire missiles at him). Just a suggestion.

the run poses look ok, maybe wanna push em more side to side but I'm no expert :)

thehive
12-13-2007, 01:19 PM
well do , i was thinking of the step too but i wanted emphisis on the land as if it were a solid land but i think the step is really need it. i thnk i can push him more side to side

anthonymcgrath
12-13-2007, 01:23 PM
absolutely man - he's a big character - he aint really gonna land an olympic gymnast off that jump and it'll be worth the extra effort

go to it mate :thumbsup:

FaQ3D
12-13-2007, 04:11 PM
you should fix the timing, everything is happening way too fast, also on the landing form frames 0 to 20 the body is totally symetrical, which is one thing you should always avoid to do, maybe balancing him to one side or the other, also on the landing you have to do the contact pose with one foot first then the other, not both at the same time like it is now.

also i dont understand if he is checking the area and calling other characters to move on or what, like i said u have to slow down everything.
keep on working on it

thehive
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
coo thanks for the info ill slow it up a bit more

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.