PDA

View Full Version : How can BP work with Max and Zbrush?

everlite
12-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi,

Just wondering how BP handles a high poly mesh? Ie, if i create a low poly character in Max, export to zbrush for detail, return the model back to max with a displacement map for the detail etc.. Can i then paint the model in BP while holding the detail from the disp map? Just wondering about the most efficiant work flow when painting models that have been through zbrush (or mudbox)

And for the sake of this question, lets pretend zbrush has no painting options :)

- Dave.

Per-Anders
12-12-2007, 10:10 PM
If you use raybrush painting then it's realtime after the render has taken place (any millions of polygons) so a good way to work with that is to bring in the low res + displacement map and run with that. You could also either bring in the high res mesh and work on that or use the mograph displace deformer on a subdivided low res mesh and try to work in the viewports with that. C4D/BP's viewports are much faster than Max's but not going to be able to handle the super high polygon counts anywhere near as well as ZBrush (which is why I'd go the raybrush route as that just uses a render and paints in on that).

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2007, 10:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.