PDA

View Full Version : Paint weight toll dont work

leoleal
12-12-2007, 01:48 PM
I've just smooth binded a character but i'm having some problem with it, the ear and the chick are deforming when i move the arms, i tried using the paint weight tool to fix the problem. but when i correct the problem of one bone the other bone changes, i tried flood a bone but when i go to next bone and fix it, the one that i already fixed changes again. I even tried using the component editor but it gave me the same problem, when i change a bone to 0 the other bones automatically changes it values.
Please if someone knows what it is happening, let me know
Thank you very much
Leo Leal

GrogMcGee
12-13-2007, 03:55 PM
A vert must have an influence value equaling 1.0. So, when you lower or increase the value on a given vert all other influencing bones are reduced or increased to maintain a value of 1.0. You could try using hold weights on other bones so that the influence doesn't change. However, I would suggest. Manually painting the whole mesh following this method:

Flood the whole mesh to a value of 1 from the root joint.
Move outward bone by bone replacing and adding with values less than 1.

Don't use scale and avoid using smooth early on.

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2007, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.