PDA

View Full Version : Combustion 2008 - annoying viewport cross problem

loocas
12-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi there,

guys, does anybody know how the hell to turn that ever-so annoying red cross off? I HATE IT and I can't seem to find the right "button".

If it's another one of those "hard-coded" features, then I be damned to uninstall that crap ASAP and get it out of my sight.

As a side note, am I the only one thinking that Autodesk is pulling a leg of their customers a little bit by this?! It's ridiculous, I mean, the features are THE SAME except for the added color warper from Flame as in Combustion 4. WTF?! :banghead:

Thanks in advance thou, cheers...

PiXeL_MoNKeY
12-11-2007, 09:05 PM
If you are running the demo that is part of the protection scheme. Secondly, there are more features than the colour warper, including bug fixes that aren't in 4.x.

-Eric

loocas
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
If you are running the demo that is part of the protection scheme.

- Thanks for your answer. Yes, I'm running the eval version, thank god the annoying cross isn't in the final product!

Secondly, there are more features than the colour warper, including bug fixes that aren't in 4.x.

- Yeah, great... so I bought a buggy piece of sw that nobody gives a damn about unless I cough out the $$$ for the upgrade! Thanks a lot, Autodesk, now that is some seriously healthy relationship you lead with your customers :thumbsup:

PiXeL_MoNKeY
12-11-2007, 09:25 PM
- Yeah, great... so I bought a buggy piece of sw that nobody gives a damn about unless I cough out the $$$ for the upgrade! Thanks a lot, Autodesk, now that is some seriously healthy relationship you lead with your customers :thumbsup:Unfortunately that is most software companies, or they require you to be on support at a yearly rate. I agree this update is weak on features, but it does mean the product is still alive. If you aren't happy with 2008 you can wait for the next version to update or switch to another package. If you, and everyone else, wants a better product they really need to use some constructive critisim. I doubt they pay attention to all the forums out there, and even less to posts that put down the product with no constructive critism.

-Eric

loocas
12-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately that is most software companies, or they require you to be on support at a yearly rate. I agree this update is weak on features, but it does mean the product is still alive. If you aren't happy with 2008 you can wait for the next version to update or switch to another package. If you, and everyone else, wants a better product they really need to use some constructive critisim. I doubt they pay attention to all the forums out there, and even less to posts that put down the product with no constructive critism.

-Eric

Well, on contrary, I personally hardly consider Combustion 2008 in the US $998 USD and Combustion 2008 in the EU $1,961 USD "conctructive", so, there you go...

jonesthesteam
12-15-2007, 10:27 PM
shouldn't bug fixes be free - 'sold fit for purpose' means it should bloody well work properly - if there is a bug with your car you take it back or product recall. I don't know why software manufacturers get their logic from!

loocas
12-15-2007, 11:11 PM
shouldn't bug fixes be free

Apparently, not in Autodesk's book :banghead:

PiXeL_MoNKeY
12-16-2007, 07:20 AM
shouldn't bug fixes be free - 'sold fit for purpose' means it should bloody well work properly - if there is a bug with your car you take it back or product recall. I don't know why software manufacturers get their logic from!If your logic was true then car manufacturers wouldn't release a new version of the style every year with various changes to them, however in reality they release a new version that look the same but have changes inside that fix issues or make improvements. Car companies do recalls only when the cost to make the fixes is cheaper than the possible pay out. You have an electrical problem with your car and you have to pay someone to fix it. Manufacturers will do a recall for electrical problems if the issue could cause fatal results, such as causing the car to catch fire. So I don't see where you get your logic from.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2007, 07:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.