PDA

View Full Version : Profile: Darren Lutz, Balance Studios

proton
12-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Darren Lutz, Balance Studios
December 2007

Balance Studios is an award-winning media boutique located in Green Bay Wisconsin, with a focus on animation/visual fx, interactive media development, and broadcast production. We recently spoke with President/Director of Animation, Darren Lutz about how Balance got it's start, what they've been up to and what's on the horizon for this American cheese loving crew. Click below to read more:

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/profiles/BalanceStudios/

rickmorgan
12-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Very nice profile. He said something that really struck a cord to me:

"With that said, I am a believer in that if LightWave animators would spend half the time on finding a LightWave solution than they do on, lets say learning Max, they would get everything they could want from this awesome animation package."

I have been using LightWave (part time, but paid!) for years and have currently been strugling with the idea of learning MAX or something else. But I keep wanting to stay with LW for its speed in getting things done. And I think to myself, "Do I want to spend all of those hours just getting up to speed with another app or do I spend that time learning more more advanced LW skills and getting better?"

So his statement really set my mind straight. I think he's definately right.

erikals
12-12-2007, 12:59 AM
...just a note, in that text, he refers to the animation part of Lightwave, not the other parts.
(unless it is just poorly explained). We wait for LW10.

I would have tried to do some of the animations a bit more "moody/movey" to push up/ fake the realism better. Good work though, shows a taste of what LW can do.

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2007, 12:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.