PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated(UPDATE)

alexanimator
12-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Well, It's been a little while since I posted this one, but I've made a lot of changes to it. First, i put him in the middle of a walk cycle when the animation starts so he doesn't look stiff and lifeless.

I also tried different things to push his expressions, and one of the things I did, was scrap the second pull of the door. I replaced it with him trying to push it open with his shoulder. This way it seems less staged and calculated. In reality, if pulling didn't work, you'd try to push.

I added much more facial expressions and made sure no part of his body was frozen in time at any point. One critique I got was that when he slips off the door from pulling, we only know he's going to do it because it's logical. So I tried to add him hitting himself in the face with one arm which serves as a waypoint to the rest of the body to follow.

Lastly, after he regains his balance, I tried to add a small head shake to get more of the "gotta get my balance and retry this" kind of pose.

Hopefully these changes turn out to be for the much better.

http://www.hagbros.com/FRUSTRATED_smooth_2.mov

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2007, 06:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.