PDA

View Full Version : Biped Figure Mode

djlane
12-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi all,

Is there a way to get a Biped into figure mode and position and scale its limbs through maxscript. Had a look throught the Docs and couldnt see anything.

Its for a script I have written that automatically embeds custom rigs inside character meshes, and I thought it would be cool to extend it to Bipeds.

Thanks for reading

Dan

RustyKnight
12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Hi all,

Is there a way to get a Biped into figure mode and position and scale its limbs through maxscript. Had a look throught the Docs and couldnt see anything.

Its for a script I have written that automatically embeds custom rigs inside character meshes, and I thought it would be cool to extend it to Bipeds.

Thanks for reading

DanYou could start by looking up Biped MAXScript Extensions in the docs, you may need to search for it.

Doing a little digging, I found <biped_ctrl>.figureMode Boolean Default: False under the Biped Vertical_Horizontal_Turn(Body):Matrix3 Controller section of the docs.

If you look up Biped Transform Methods, I think you will find mention of biped.setTransform <biped_node> #scale <point3> <bool_setkey> [limb:<biped_node>]

That should get you started
Shane

Rick Stirling
12-11-2007, 11:44 PM
A useful little toggle script I wrote:

-- figure mode toggle
biped_ctrl=$char.controller -- $char is my root bone, any will do

-- get curent mode
cmode = biped_ctrl.figureMode

-- toggle it
if cmode == true then (biped_ctrl.figureMode= false)
else (biped_ctrl.figureMode= true)

I saved this as figtoggle.ms in my scripts folder, then embedded it into the UI so I can always access it with a quick button press.

RustyKnight
12-11-2007, 11:57 PM
A useful little toggle script I wrote:

-- figure mode toggle
biped_ctrl=$char.controller -- $char is my root bone, any will do

-- get curent mode
cmode = biped_ctrl.figureMode

-- toggle it
if cmode == true then (biped_ctrl.figureMode= false)
else (biped_ctrl.figureMode= true)

I saved this as figtoggle.ms in my scripts folder, then embedded it into the UI so I can always access it with a quick button press.Nice little script, may i point out that: if cmode == true then (biped_ctrl.figureMode= false)
else (biped_ctrl.figureMode= true)Could have be written as:biped_ctrl.figureMode = (not cmode)or if you want to get really analbiped_ctrl.figureMode = (not biped_ctrl.figureMode)I know, it's petty, but it will make the script faster and easier to read from a logical point of view...but you know what they say, if it ain't broke...

Shane

Rick Stirling
12-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Hey, not anal, thats a great little toggle idea!

djlane
12-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the info guys, really useful

Cheers
Dan

RustyKnight
12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey, not anal, thats a great little toggle idea!By no means a critism, only an idea - booleans are cool that way...

Shane

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.