PDA

View Full Version : Hand Controlling

marvin042
04-20-2003, 04:20 AM
First of all I apologize for posting twice. I already posted this message in the general Maya area, then I saw this area.

Okay people, this is what I'm trying to do. I made an arm and I created a lattice for the wrist to be constrained to the rest of the arm. Long story short, I made a box to select this lattice.

What I want is so that when I select the box, the lattice actually becomes selected. This way I can move the box a bit away from the arm so it's easy to select the wrist controller as opposed to the arm controller. How do I do this?? I hope this all made sense. If not, I apologize, and I'll try to explain better if it's not understandable.

marvin

jbo
04-20-2003, 04:45 AM
not sure i understand your question completely, but i think you can do that with the connection editor.

GrafOrlok
04-22-2003, 09:24 AM
What I want is so that when I select the box, the lattice actually becomes selected.
You'll get this effect by parenting the lattice to the box by typing "parent -s -r" in the command line.

I'm not sure I understand why you want to do this and what result you are aiming for...

MDuffy
04-22-2003, 08:54 PM
And if the box is a spline object, you can move it away from its pivot by selecting the control vertices of the spline and moving them to the desired location, rather than trying to move the entire object with the move tool (which would work on the transform node, not the verts).

Hope this helps,
Michael Duffy
mduffy@ionet.net

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.