PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Network Rendering?

Leonardo Vega
12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Is it possible to have render slaves that are connected wirelessly?

The reason I ask is because I followed the 3 steps in the guide to setting up a network render, but I noticed in the "Lan View", no PC's show up.

They are both sharing the same folder and both PC's have access to it. Both PC's are running WinXP.

Thanks!
Leo

Mattoo
12-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Is it possible to have render slaves that are connected wirelessly?

The reason I ask is because I followed the 3 steps in the guide to setting up a network render, but I noticed in the "Lan View", no PC's show up.

They are both sharing the same folder and both PC's have access to it. Both PC's are running WinXP.

Thanks!
Leo

Works fine here across a wireless network. I think most peoples problems with it are down to firewall issues. My setup has been fairly straight forward.

Leonardo Vega
12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
The problem was that I was cleaning my computer and when I saw a folder called "Bonjour" I thought it was spyware so I deleted it...

I reinstalled modo trial and now all is good. Although my lame laptop only contributes like 15 less seconds on a 12 minute render.

If I were to wire my PC's would there be a good speed increase?

Mike RB
12-12-2007, 01:43 AM
IT really depends on the scene, if it takes a long time for the slave to load it, or there is heavy IC precalc, the slaves wont contribute as much.

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2007, 01:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.