PDA

View Full Version : pFlow behaving strangely

Eilsoe
12-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey all!

I've been messing around with the boxset 1 demo, and have successfully made a bunch of particles spawn on object, then travel up the surface and gather at the top. when I simulate it in the viewport, everything works fine, they all do as they should, but when I render the scene, the particles position themselves 'at birth'... what I mean is, they are affected by the forces I creted, but they move in a group, like a solid group. In the viewport they all move individually as they should.

I created a wind force to push 'em upwards on the object. At render time they then move as a group, up and out of render view, instead of grouping on the object.

Am I making any sense, or do we need some screendumps ?

grury
12-10-2007, 01:34 PM
The demo wont allow u to render. If u using any of the Box1 featured operators.

Eilsoe
12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
I can render my particles just fine... Wasn't there 2 packages to choose from? One to render, and one to edit settings... hmm...

I think I may have just picked the render version, and now I can't edit ane parameters... they work in the viewport though.

grury
12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
You can either use 1 or the other..

OlegB
12-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I can render my particles just fine

Let me reiterate - the Box#1 operators from "Can-Modify" evaluation version do not work during rendering. Hence the effect - you can render the particles, but the effect of Box#1 is not accounted for. "Can-Render" evaluation version allows you to render but you cannot modify parameters of Box#1 operators. And you cannot move the saved projects between different evaluation versions of Box#1.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

Eilsoe
12-11-2007, 07:39 AM
^ that's what I thought, I must've picked the render only version. Because if I tick off the snap to surface, I get the same result in the viewport as my renders.

nevermind then, I've been buggin my boss for the box#1 anyway, so I'll just mosey on over an buy it :D

thanks!

grury
12-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Worth every penny. A must have.

Eilsoe
12-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Success! 195 bucks did the trick ;)

Now for a second quarrel with max. when I spawn particles along parent particles, creating a trail. how can I pass the scale values on to pWrapper? It seems like pWrapper only has 1 size per particle, but I want trails that decrease in scale, then die...

entrancea
12-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Are you saying PWrapper for Glu3D?
If so then check the Life affect particle size checkbox...That should do it....

Eilsoe
12-13-2007, 08:30 AM
I can't see any immediate effect of that checkbox entrancea, I tried setting up a very basic emitter, with particles just shooting straight out, with a lifespan of 60 frames. The drops still maintain their original size...

grury
12-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Unless I'm very much mistaken, you cant use scalling on PWrapper. If you have access to AfterBurn, it could be an option, AB can use the scale n rotation of the particles.

Eilsoe
12-13-2007, 12:18 PM
hm, there must be a way to create droplet shapes from particles... any idea as to creating small clusters of particles around other particles?

PsychoSilence
12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
hm, there must be a way to create droplet shapes from particles... any idea as to creating small clusters of particles around other particles?

u could use a mesher compound obect to make particles a mesh and then emit particles from that mesher compound in another particle system. OR use Box#3 if available:

http://www.orbaz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1514

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.