PDA

View Full Version : Understandin' Combustion

kk01
12-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Hello guyz,

I have spent a huge amount of my time using Adobe After Effects. I use it for most of my projects. Now I told myself that I'll like to try my hands on other compsoting applications...just for fun sake or skill sake...I could be hired by a hire that needs a combustion artiste...what do you think...

About the time Combustion 4 was out, I went out to get the programme then also got the Nuke application and license...tho' the price was intimidating then decided to settle for the demo...but it seems promising tho'.

Now I spend more time with Combustion...trying to know the workaround of the application and I think I get confused each time I use it...I really dont think composting is my problem but bring the comping experience from AE into Comb'n is crazy.

First off, what is a workspace and what is a branch?

Secondly, how do I bring in two animation into one...someting like precomping or nesting

I hope to read from someone soon.

Regards,
'kk'

PiXeL_MoNKeY
12-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Workspace is similar to an AE Project. AE doesn't really have an equivalent to Branch since you can only apply effects to objects in a composite. From the Combustion Help file:With combustion, you create workspaces that contain composites, paint projects, and other effect projects. Each of these contains footage items (movie clips or images) that you process to achieve results that you want to render. An operator is any process that is applied to an item in the workspace. For example, Composite, Paint, Edit, and Color Corrector are all operators.

When an operator is applied to the output of another operator, it creates a flow of image data. Each separate image flow (or stream) is called a branch.

The process tree is the collection of all the branches in the workspace. Therefore, there is only one process tree in each workspace file.Hope that helps some,
-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2007, 02:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.