PDA

View Full Version : Middle eastern building

trashed
12-10-2007, 03:13 AM
The lighting isnt set yet it is just there for effect the hell of it, sorry i will try t o get a wireframe soon alsohttp://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff160/elliottcodyt/env_updatecopy.jpg

i am changing the posters to fit the mood of the scene but any other crits are welcome :) , thanks

trashed
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
here is a better shot sorry the lighting was so dark on the first shot, i should have a wireframe up after i get a break from class...

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff160/elliottcodyt/render.jpg

iLegacy
12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I like your start but i think it looks like a house-fake used in a theatre...i think the house needs a wall in the background, and maybe a horizon line. The textures are a good start, but i think u can use more dirt and rust.

Whats your aim with the scene?

trashed
12-10-2007, 12:50 PM
right now it is a enviro for my visual effects class, but i am planning on takin it and usin it on my demo reel as personal work.... i was thinkin about puttin a interior so that the background isnt seen through the windows, but for my class project you wont see through the windows so i'm not worrying about that right now. thanks for takin the time to look over it too :)

iLegacy
12-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Show me your wire, babe :D

trashed
12-10-2007, 01:50 PM
i'm gonna sound kind of stupid here but i dont know how to show the wire in maya 8.5 i'll ask around and see what i can do if anyone knows itd be awesome if you would tell me haha thanks :) sorry too

Matroskin
12-10-2007, 01:54 PM
nice progress; however, I agree about more depth behind the outer wall.
Also I guess that those stones seem too smooth and rounded. There might be more sharpness added to stones (more detailed texture and sharper edges beter defined in texture).
Keep it on!

Ghostscape
12-10-2007, 11:24 PM
The bricks that you're modeling are obviously different from the bricks in the texture. Your modeled bricks are looking VERY round and most likely very wasteful.

Why the heck do you have rebar all over sticking through the bricks? rebar is used in concrete, not brick construction. There are bricks that are hollow and have rebar going vertically to reinforce them for large brick buildings, but they are not that kind of brick.

That style of window (the many-paned window) is not really the sort of window you'd see in a middle-eastern location.

Get more photo reference, and work from the photo reference. Right now you're very inconsistent and that makes it obvious you've not done enough research on the sort of scene you're trying to create.

trashed
12-11-2007, 10:16 AM
thanks for all your crits everyone, hopefully when i get some more free time i'll fix up the problems...and since rebarb isnt what i should be using...what should i have supporting the brick i cant just put the bricks there it doesnt look right with the bricks just sittin there...i guessi could model broken plaster...or somethin thanks again for all of your time.

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2007, 10:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.