PDA

View Full Version : UGAC IV V2 Launcher

zen
12-08-2007, 08:55 PM
TF2 engineer style deployable station. I want to push the surrealism a bit to have a full v2 rocket launcher pad construct itself from a crate-sized object. Itll be a cool challenge!
The full idea is that an Engineer builds the v2 launcher and the Scout goes out to spot the target. Makes for great cooperative gameplay strategy.

Swizzle
12-08-2007, 09:36 PM
The full idea is that an Engineer builds the v2 launcher and the Scout goes out to spot the target. Makes for great cooperative gameplay strategy.That is an awesome idea. :buttrock:

zen
12-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Still there, and modelling. Havnt posted a pic yet, will try to do that tonight. The V2 itself is almost done, but in design terms it was the easiest as it rises from the ground and requires no special deformations.
The launcher pad i'm still experimenting with, i have several designs going, animating as i model and add parts. The full thing with missile deployed is about 4.5m high by 2m wide, and the initial state is about 1m cube. Im trying to shrink that down some more.

zen
12-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Ok first look.
Yes the texture is crappy, its just a quick mock up :P
V2 rocket is 1456 triangles, still working on design of deployement animation for the launcher...
http://teknofobe.ca/storage/V2v1.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2007, 05:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.