PDA

View Full Version : still learning

cerreto
04-13-2002, 11:42 AM
well im a lame 2d artist all the more reason to practice and seek advice these are just learner sketches i look at my friends work and try to simulate the strong points these are real lame but give me advice on things to help

refrance used mostly is feng s work him and arron spine finger hawkres these guys motivate me to do at least a half attempt at bettering my drawing

cerreto
04-13-2002, 11:44 AM

Fuzer
04-14-2002, 07:09 PM
Hey Cerreto-- While these sketches may not be on the same level as your 3D work- I Wouldn't say they are lame :) I am also just now getting back into drawing.. mostly due to what I have been seeing/reading here at cgtalk :)

I am looking forward to hearing any tips/advice that any of the 2d peeps around here can give you.

_a_
04-14-2002, 07:16 PM
I feel the same. I couldn't draw to save my life (havn't actually put that to the test though lol). I guess i have two comments though.
1 Proportions: arms in particular, and clothing.
2 Purpose: What are your characters trying to portray? What kind people are they? Does this pose suit their character?

Whenever I am doing a new piece, I always try to put myself in that place. Once I understand the reality I'm trying to create, the pixels just flow....Sounds like shash actually, doesnt it? lol Well, it works for me anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.