PDA

View Full Version : Subdiv problem

apollo911
12-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Trying out the demo just now, so quite new to zbrush. I have imported a model I want to work on, done some sculpting at the base level, and then when I want to add more detail, I click divide mesh?

Problem with this is it deletes polys from my mesh, or moves them miles out of place. It is normally only a couple of polys here or there, not massive sections of the mesh.

Any ideas as to whats going wrong?

embrionico
12-12-2007, 12:16 PM
I think this is probably due to having poles (in other words, lots of polys all meeting at a single vert) in your model. Screenshots would help to work out whats going on!
Try and start with a clean mesh, made from quads as much as possible (avoid tris) where each vert is connected to 4 quads. This isn't always possible, but works as a good rule for zbrush meshes. This makes it easier for the smoother algorithm to get a more sensible result.

apollo911
12-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Ah right. Was using a model from poser (Just got the zbrush trial and wanted to test it out before making my own model), I guess it was a pretty messy mesh.

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2007, 12:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.