PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator Dialogue - Acting Sync

WesleyChandler
12-08-2007, 06:20 AM
I'm currently working on an lip/acting sync project. I chose the audio from the movie Gladiator when Maximus (Russell Crowe) made his point when he was being enslaved.

Here is my playblast:

http://www.wesleychandler.com/cgtalk/wes_lipsync_v29.mov

Haven't started the facial animation or lip sync, but any critiques on the action/acting would be great!

Thanks!

- Wesley Chandler

jimmy4d
12-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Very nice, got some good poses in there, at about 232 I would open his hand (fingers) all the way though. move a little quicker at that point.IMO

coming along great dude

WesleyChandler
12-20-2007, 04:14 AM
Hey everyone,

Here's a much updated vesrion of my acting sync. I think this is as far as I'm going to push it unless if you guys think I can make it better!

http://www.wesleychandler.com/cgtalk/wes_lipsync_v43.mov

Thanks!

Kid-Mesh
12-27-2007, 03:51 AM
These are always a challenge to crit but fun nonetheless...here's my two cents.

The part when he say's "I am a slave" is bothering me. That is a powerful line but his body langauge is not selling it "enough".

Starting at frame 56 he begins to gesture over to the his left. "I may die in this cell tonight...."

Starting at frame 89 he starts back to his right "...or in the arena tommorow"

Starting at frame 114 he starts to stand up still favoring the right side of his body.

The problem for me is that he is now fully extended at frame 130 in a weak pose and finishing the line "I am a slave".

What I'm trying to get at is that it would seem more powerful if he were already looking to his left at frame 114. Towards the person he is talking to. Then when he stands he can really take charge of the dialogue by facing that person squarely and with firm disgust that he has no power.

After the fact, you can have him retreat when his dialoug retreats. Now he realizes he can do nothing and should be facing away.

Overall, I just felt like that body language didnt fit the power of the statement as it was spoken.

Still, it's an excellent start. Good luck with it.

WesleyChandler
12-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Thanks Kid-Mesh! I totally do agree that the action isnt strong enough for the dialogue. I'll definatly try making him look sooner at the other person to give a stronger impression!

Kid-Mesh
12-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Awesome Wesley,

I'm glad you found my comments helpful. Just incase i'm late getting back to the this thread. Just shoot me a pm when you update it and if you want I'll check it out again. Good luck and have fun!

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2007, 06:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.