PDA

View Full Version : filetest

svenip
04-19-2003, 11:09 AM
i write a tool that uses the mel command file test. if i work on local hard disk the speed is ok, but as soon as i work on the server it takes much longer.

so does someone know a szstem command which i could use instead of the mel. should be faster. but i couldn't find one till yet.

another question. as i wanna check files with number paddings (lets say with four numbers file.####.end and also simple files file.1-999.end without padding) does someone know a good implementation for that. if don't wanna run several times through the loop and check eacht time for another padding.

thnx in advance

dwalden74
04-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Not sure, but shouldn´t you be relaxing today though???

:p
David

svenip
04-19-2003, 06:19 PM
that is relaxing for me david :)

but anyway i found a solution for that

alexx
04-21-2003, 09:12 PM
you are a terrible geek sven :)
no wonder you are going to the states.. congrats for that again man.. we are proud of you!

so tell us, what and how you did? (the thing with the filetest and the padding)

cheers

alexx

svenip
04-22-2003, 08:51 AM
i used the getFileList command.

it gives you "in einem Rutsch" all Files from the specified dir. then i just had to go through the array, which is pretty much faster.

the padding was actually very easy to get rid of :)

in the array i have

file.0001.iff or file.1.iff

so why not convert the part between the point to an int value !?

problem was just then i wanted to show the missing files. for that i first had to decide if it's a padding file or not and then convert it a bit differently.

but it works now, just have to programm the other part of the script.

ahh, i didn't say for what this is. you can give the script a filesequence (just choose one of the files) and a range of what images it should have. then it searches for the missing ones. the second part will be that you choose the right .ma file and the script reads out everything it needs and render the missing files. before that you can choose in a list if you wanna render all missing or just selected ones.

alexx
04-22-2003, 09:30 AM
funny.. i did something very similar some time ago in confunction with muster distributed renderer..
i submitted the sequence render to the renderfarm from out of maya and wrote out a file that holds all the information for the rendering just submitted..

then later i was able to read in the file and see which frames are missing (and from that file i was able to see the padding :)

cheers

alexx

svenip
04-22-2003, 09:33 AM
zwei dumme ein gedanke :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.