PDA

View Full Version : How do you make this Fx?

Apollux
04-13-2002, 09:51 AM
When you move the mouse over the brains at http://www.e-motek.com/ how do you make that kind of Fx?

Squash&Strech
04-14-2002, 01:22 AM
WOw, Thats a really cool FX.

I would start with the Model inside and out, maby apply a Ramp Shader and Animate the Ramp with Opasity and transparrency.
Use another Shader Ofset and Preset to get the trailing fx of the dissolve. I would probibly just experiment with it a bit, and then play with it in a compositer.

I dont know if this helps, I have never done it but this is how I would start trying to figure it out :p

yuval_nathan
04-15-2002, 10:47 PM
if you are a max user, it is easy to do it with animated bulean, or slice. you make 2 sequences, one of the object, getting disapear, and a second (also with animated bulean) of a strip with the same speed. then you compose the two layers together in After Effect, add some glow, or any other effect, and you've got it.
i belive you can convert this principal to any other software. if not learn MAX :cool:

Apollux
04-16-2002, 08:12 AM
Hey, thanks for your post!!

I'm a blender user. I Think that what I would do to get the FX is to use a Texture/shader with one side transparent (total Alpha) and the other any plain color, and the white "disolving barrier" in the midle, then I'll just animate the IPO curve for the X axis so the texture seems like moving side to side.... or I could just do an animation with a simply plane and the said texture, save it as a video file and use the video as the texture for the model.

However, what tipe of light source would you use so it only cast light in the axis that is perpendicular to the movement of the barrier, but no in the same axis of the movement?.

Apollux
04-16-2002, 08:21 AM
By the way, I remember seeing this same Fx on an episode of Star Treek Voyager... they where holo-proyecting a female body level by level, bones, muscles, skin, clothes and so on.

It was done in the infirmary to host the conscience of an almost dying patient.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.