PDA

View Full Version : Admonisher: Todd McFarlane fan-art.

AlteredState
04-19-2003, 05:02 AM
Here's a pencil drawing I did a few years back. I'm considering coloring this.. It seems a bit daunting a task. Anyways, I'll post this and ask for some hints of tips on how to color this, perhaps some tutorials people can link?

http://www.redrival.com/ruijsenaars/Spawn.jpg

AlteredState
04-19-2003, 05:12 AM
Here's another similar concept I did, this time in ballpoint pen and more gruesome...

http://www.redrival.com/ruijsenaars/AdmonishervsFallenangels.jpg

shambler
04-19-2003, 05:33 AM
yeah - I've also been influenced by the g00d old t0d. And man u've mastered his style - gewd job man :buttrock:

AlteredState
04-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Well I didn't really work to copy his style, just the kind of dynamic character flow, and ofcourse the top image features a bunch of characters from the Spawn universe...

Thanks for the props though. Still need some coloring tutorials :)

Alevice
04-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Very nice style. I really cant say i like that Violator, but may be because i can only find him cool when drawed by Greg Capullo. Nor even Todd =P

Check my Media Library for some color tutorials and stuff (http://forum.eracreations.net/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=649&).

My favorite color method is make a new layer (or layers, depending the complexity or detail of the drawings) where i put all colors and shades, then i copy the background (the pencil/ink sketch) and paste it as a new layer in Sbustract mode. Anywayz, still check the tuts.

AlteredState
04-20-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Alevice
Very nice style. I really cant say i like that Violator, but may be because i can only find him cool when drawed by Greg Capullo. Nor even Todd =P

Thanks. Actually Greg > McFarlane in terms of drawing ability imo. I like todd for his imagination, and his art is great in its own right, but I prefer Capullo myself.... I thought my violator was kinda unique actually :)

Alevice
04-20-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by AlteredState
Thanks. Actually Greg > McFarlane in terms of drawing ability imo. I like todd for his imagination, and his art is great in its own right, but I prefer Capullo myself....
Me thinks teh same. I would like to be able to read The creech, but there is no translated version for it here in mexico =(

Originally posted by AlteredState
I thought my violator was kinda unique actually :)

Do not misunderstand me, it IS unique, but imma Capullo's Violator whore, and no matter how special, neater and the rest are other Violator concepts, i will be always bashing them towards capullo =P

twitchy
04-21-2003, 05:43 AM
hey Alevice? is the " help me obtain imortality " link in your sig a joke?

Alevice
04-21-2003, 08:38 PM
I aint sure.

I found teh link on a site, tehn i asked to a guy i know online and told me that it was true. I think i will have to wait, i already ordered mine now taht i got 80+ clicks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.