PDA

View Full Version : Topic Suggestions for the Animation Acting Challenge: December 5 - December 31

SirRon
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey Everyone!

It seems people have been busy lately in this holiday season so let's take it easy and open it up for suggestions. Brainstorm, come up with as many ideas as you can as well as providing links to audio clips that you'd like to animate.

Guy In Rubber Suit
12-07-2007, 06:36 AM
Maybe something Christmas themed like Santa Claus trying to get into a chimney or a kid opening up a present. Or maybe a couple ice skating.

subdivmaniac
12-07-2007, 07:54 AM
X'mas theme will be nice, or maybe New Year theme? Like having a new year party and get lunatic because the exciting crowd of people?

subdivmaniac
12-07-2007, 07:59 AM
X'mas theme will be nice, or maybe New Year theme? Like having a new year party and get lunatic because the exciting crowd of people?

SirRon
12-07-2007, 07:44 PM

Hey I like that idea :)

Just thought of one:

Science or mechanical experiment gone wrong.

russellwilkins
12-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I was thinking for the non audio topic: trying to hide something. There could be embarrassment, shame, pride, envy, and all sorts of good stuff to animate.

Also, I found a good clip from the tv show "The Office"

http://lifeintheoffice.com/wp-content/audio/travelingsalesmen/Counter%20The%20Blow.mp3

It's a bit long, but man it has a lot of potential.

Guy In Rubber Suit
12-09-2007, 01:01 AM
So has a topic been selected? We're kind of running out time here heh. Unless we can extend it to a two month competition because I'm most of us will be busy around the Christmas season and such.

Favian001
12-09-2007, 07:35 AM
how about a combination of everyones ideas? A "holiday party gone wrong" ...like someone filling up the chex mix snacks with meow mix instead and tries to hide it or fix it on the slick side ! I dig it and it involves everyones ideas...

SpiritPeddler
12-09-2007, 11:16 AM
i think the xmas idea is Golden :deal:

so yeah

http://www.moviewavs.com/Movies/Elf.html

some from elf..i like this :D (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=Elf&quote=workshop.txt&file=workshop.wav)
Buddy: "This place reminds me of Santa's workshop except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like the wanna hurt me."

lots to do for that..or bad santa although lots of naughty words in that film..but this ones kinda funky:shrug: (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=Bad_Santa&quote=talkingwalnut.txt&file=talkingwalnut.wav)

The Kid: "I want a gorilla named Davey for beating up the skateboard kids who pull on my underwear. And he could take his orders from the talking walnut, so it wouldn't be my bad thing."

as for the non audio...i think something to do with someone putting presents under a tree and it all goes wrong....could be santa..could not be santa...could be someone stealing presents..or a kid sneaking a look. ? wotcha think?

get in the spirit guy :scream:

SirRon
12-09-2007, 06:23 PM
So has a topic been selected? We're kind of running out time here heh. Unless we can extend it to a two month competition because I'm most of us will be busy around the Christmas season and such.

I'll start the challenge January 1st. I just want to fill the topic list I have with more choices. I guess we can have a really short challenge? :shrug:

killay
12-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Just a suggestion for the challenge after dec31. Every forum I've been on for competitions (not that I participated, cause HMC12 is my first :p) they always ignored my suggestion.
I always proposed to make an animation of a domino path.
You could use every object in real life to connect segments of dominos...
for example balloons, water, ...
It's easy to model, difficult to animate, and it's really fun to see the fantasy of others :p

Favian001
12-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Hey SirRon I dont mind a short challenge...there is still 21 days left. Let's get started!! :thumbsup:

SirRon
12-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Keep those suggestions coming. I've also made a new thread on a short challenge for this month.

Animation Short Mini-Challenge

SirRon
01-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. As for the Christmas suggestions I'll definitely incorporate them for the next time, I'd do them for this month but it does seem out of place.

Please keep throwing suggestions on topics and links to audio clips either here or in future threads.

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2008, 01:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.