PDA

View Full Version : Speed Racer Pics! Trailer debuts tomorrow!

rblitz7
12-06-2007, 01:26 PM
http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/12/05/first-footage-from-the-wachowskis-speed-racer/
Wow, wow, wow! The CG stuff looks like its gonna be awesome.

depleteD
12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that shit loooks like a ryan church painting

too ****ing dope

BigPixolin
12-06-2007, 03:08 PM
That article is from yesterday. Shouldn't the trailer be released today?

gginther
12-06-2007, 03:33 PM
hmm, looks like they're racing through Moria in that one shot. . . . .:) As long as Racer X is as bad-ass as in the original it should be a fun film

gunslingerblack
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
haha well the first thing i said when i saw it was... it looks like a cartoon, i guess you can call that mission accomplished for now, anxious to see the trailer on this one, those outfits are effin priceless, stupid ass hankerchief haha he really looks like speed.

KingMob
12-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I just hope speed talks really fast and then says "aaaoooohh?" after anything interesing...that will make this movie ROCK!

erilaz
12-06-2007, 09:42 PM
As long as they don't get some horrendous pop band to do a cover of the original theme song, i'm there!:D

erilaz
12-06-2007, 09:46 PM
hmm... double posty wackiness.

My Fault
12-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Wow, the look from those images is very surprising. Looks like if they really go for it, this could be a heckuva fun ride.

Matthew Fox as RacerX? hahaha, awesome

Desmo
12-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Kinda reminds me of Hotwheels.

Flog
12-06-2007, 11:01 PM
It looks like a living cartoon but at the same time it looks like it will be a really cheesy but not the good cheesy, the bad moldy cheesy.

I'll check it out when it comes on DVD. Reminds me of that Underdog movie! or Inspector Gadget the movie! Yuk.

airaf
12-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Seeing those images , what pops on my mind is "Spy Kids" or even worse , "SharkBoy & LavaGirl".

richcz3
12-07-2007, 01:37 AM
I used to get home from school as a kid and watch Speed Racer, Giant Robot, Kimba and other oldies on some archaic UHF station here in LA. I couldn't believe they actually made the Flintstones movie years back and now Speed Racer. It was total campy cartoon stiff with no fluidity at all. Looking at those shots, I don't know what to think.

Kirt
12-07-2007, 02:12 AM
The Mach 5 is sexy. I didn't see anything else there that made me want to see this one though. Sorry. :hmm:

Just watched the trailer and yeah ... couldn't leave well enough alone. "Hey! Let's make the Mach 6! Wooooo!" Maybe I'll be wrong but this movie looks like teh suck.

webhead
12-07-2007, 02:29 AM
If they really want to capture the flavor of the original Speed Racer, they have to make everyone talk really really fast to fit the english translation in before the mouths stop moving. Also, Speed has to yell, "Aaaauuooohhhhh!", every time someone tries to cut him off or ram his car - Go Speed Racer! This short spoof really captured the flavor of the old series: http://www.atomfilms.com/film/race_speedster.jsp

richcz3
12-07-2007, 02:57 AM
If they really want to capture the flavor of the original Speed Racer, they have to make everyone talk really really fast to fit the english translation in before the mouths stop moving. Also, Speed has to yell, "Aaaauuooohhhhh!", every time someone tries to cut him off or ram his car - Go Speed Racer! This short spoof really captured the flavor of the old series: http://www.atomfilms.com/film/race_speedster.jsp
LOL - that would look about right. and when they run - like as if their joints are stiff /thrash back and forth

http://www.revandthrottle.com//Forums/mach5/Mach5_001.jpg
http://www.revandthrottle.com//Forums/mach5/Mach5_003.jpg
http://www.revandthrottle.com//Forums/mach5/Mach5_004.jpg

RobertoOrtiz
12-07-2007, 03:23 AM
http://movies.aol.com/movie/speed-racer-2008/28066/main
COME AND GET IT

webhead
12-07-2007, 03:32 AM
LOL - that would look about right. and when they run - like as if their joints are stiff /thrash back and forth

LOL Yes, and don't forget all the bad guys have pointy faces, with skeleton like features and scars. And, anytime someone yells, their mouths become giant round holes that cover their entire face.

BillSpradlin
12-07-2007, 04:57 AM
The trailer came out pretty nice, I hadn't seen any of the shots from the other studio =) There's going to be some really crazy stuff in this movie, should be a fun one for the whole family.

Flog
12-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Seeing those images , what pops on my mind is "Spy Kids" or even worse , "SharkBoy & LavaGirl".
Dude that is the movie I was looking for!! SPY KIDS 2!! That's what this movie looks like! Oh man you hit the nail right on the head.

I think it might be in the same vein as Scooby Doo and remakes like that. Cheese - 0 - la.

I have a mixed feel about the look of this film. IN one instance it looks like awesome computer generated graphics due to the colors! Very vibrant but at the same time it looks cheap and withdrawn from the live action characters.

Mixed, mixed feelings about this. I will save ultimate judgement for the day it comes out on video of course.

But for now my expectations set are "Cheesy G movie that will lose the heart of the original and border around family fun that talks down to the audience and makes up with caca poo poo jokes"

So going in with expecations low but that may be a good thing cause it could be loads of fun. Sometimes it's good to set them low cause then the you can get a major suprise!! Those are the best types of movies.

richcz3
12-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I think Bill nailed it. This is not an "for adult audiences" feature. Interesting enough, I'm getting the family film vibe.

The Cg/effects are not going for photo-realism. Its more stylized. All of what I seen is intentionly bright and saturated colors because it's based on a cartoon (surprise). So long as it doesn't take itself so seriously, I actually think this may work. If it keeps the chees-O-meter high with a few memorable sequences (nods to the cartoon campiness) it may work.

visionmaster2
12-07-2007, 10:59 PM
So much dollars for nothing ...
its hard to believe that the Wachowski Brothers done that. The trailer is horrible.

BillSpradlin
12-09-2007, 06:35 AM
I think Bill nailed it. This is not an "for adult audiences" feature. Interesting enough, I'm getting the family film vibe.

The Cg/effects are not going for photo-realism. Its more stylized. All of what I seen is intentionly bright and saturated colors because it's based on a cartoon (surprise). So long as it doesn't take itself so seriously, I actually think this may work. If it keeps the chees-O-meter high with a few memorable sequences (nods to the cartoon campiness) it may work.

Yup. The Wachowskis said from day one they wanted to do a movie for their neices and nephews. I can't really comment on the other stuff, but I will say there are going to be some pretty crazy action sequences =)

jason-slab
12-09-2007, 08:19 AM
what a pitty it's aimed at three year olds, i thought it could have visually been quite a interesting movie.

BTw, is it true that the one brother had a sex change? guess u can't call them the Wachowski brothers anymore?

js

TheWraith
12-09-2007, 12:20 PM
BTw, is it true that the one brother had a sex change? guess u can't call them the Wachowski brothers anymore?

js

WTF r u talking about? lol i had never heard that one b4

but yeah, it definitely looks like a spy kids kinda movie. all the bright colors in the backgrounds are nice, but it made it look like bad compositing in some of the shots as the actual actors look desaturated against the backgrounds.

jason-slab
12-09-2007, 01:57 PM
hmm ok maybe not, googled it
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295909,00.html

j

simoncheng
12-10-2007, 03:26 PM
is that rain? i mean korea's superstar.
thanks.

richcz3
12-10-2007, 07:03 PM
.....but yeah, it definitely looks like a spy kids kinda movie. all the bright colors in the backgrounds are nice, but it made it look like bad compositing in some of the shots as the actual actors look desaturated against the backgrounds.
Right, even on the big screen the transition scene where Speed being asked to sign the contract doesn't set right. Warm/Red hue sticks as the background transitions to fast/bright vibrant colors.

Trojan123
12-10-2007, 07:15 PM
http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/12/05/first-footage-from-the-wachowskis-speed-racer/

So... Thunderbirds are GO then?

fahr
12-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Maybe we all didnt see the same trailer, but compositing issues aside, I can't imagine being any MORE excited to see this movie, and I've never even seen a Speed Racer episode before.

Has a nice, 60's vintage feel to it. Reminds me a lot of Dick Tracy, or Burton's Batman. But it also has all the melodrama of some of the best animes (which is unsuprising, considering it's based on an anime and done by the Wachowski brothers).

It looks to be one of more unique hollywood offerings of 2008. I'll be in line for it.

powerwave
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
To me, it looks like people associate the WB with the Matrix only, so they wanted to try out something totally different, which is a good thing. As someone mentioned, it looks like they intentionally went with the "less realistic" visuals, but I'm pretty sure this movie should appeal more to older viewers than little kids. I actually feel the scenes in the trailer look very artistic more than childish.

I believe it's only a rumor.

is that rain? i mean korea's superstar.
thanks.Rain is in this movie. I saw the name on IMDb.

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.