PDA

View Full Version : George Bush

stepnw1f
04-19-2003, 02:31 AM
Oil on Newspaper and Masonite. 24" x 24" A commentary on what I think of leadership these days.

http://www.redrival.com/stepnw1f/Bush.jpg

Agent D
04-19-2003, 02:43 AM
Doesn't take a genius to guess where THIS thread is going... :rolleyes:

Looks fine on the art level though.

innervision961
04-19-2003, 02:55 AM
Awesome work man :buttrock:
(glad to see im not the only one who thinks that way!)
PEACE :)

nObedienz
04-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Ok, here's my opinion;

Great piece of art, though the message is in my opinion rather childish. If you would do some research, you'd see that the USA isn't after their friggin' oil..

stepnw1f
04-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Actually the painting doesn't only talk about oil. If you observed the image in front of you, you wouldn't have had to try to insult me. Then again, maybe you had to. I actually did that piece before 911. Oil wasn't the only thing on my mind, as much as a concern for this country to have President that is so entangled with Tobacco , oil, and pharmaceutal companies, as well as the NRA. Also the privatisation of everything from education, healthcare, and retirement is what I call a government official having too many conflicts of interest, ex. Church and State. The man would rather have me and everybody else invest there pensions in the stock market?! Don't trust the government, trust the business men. Yeah that sounds great! I'd rather make a bet at a racetrack. I did my research. How about you?

And OH, I was around to comprehend what Bush senior did as well with his buddy Rumsfeld. in 1986 I was a freshman in highschool. You just popped into this world.

shambler
04-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Ahhh.... very creative my peer (although I'm not much of a fan of this kinda art) yer message is very clear - let yer voice be heard

dmcgrath
04-19-2003, 08:51 PM
For us, we need to steer away from the political commentaries, I've already gotten in trouble for it. But I would like to say that it is a really good piece of work. I like the traditional work, and the multimedia aspects. It would have been cool to put an envelope adressed to the director of homeland security in there too. Really nice work. My only crit is I wish I could see the true colors, theres is something about the skin tone that makes me think it isn't the color that you originally painted.

stepnw1f
04-19-2003, 09:31 PM
The skin is a result of a newspaper I literally painted on top of. I felt I was in a rush, so I cheated. The ink actually acted as a base tone. I've tried other mediums for this tone base method. It has a really cool effect, yet it is quite desaturated. Thanks for the comments.

gmask
04-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Does not really look gw bush to me. looks more like newt gingritch or whatever his name is???

bigbad
04-19-2003, 10:32 PM
You rule stepnw1f :buttrock:.

The only crit would be that the Bush looks more like an actor at the grammys than a politician.

Soory for my english. Had to learn it in school.:scream:

M.Rogne
04-19-2003, 11:41 PM
Woah... Nice! Haven't seen oilwork in a long time... I like it, though the style isn't quite mine.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.