PDA

View Full Version : morrigan wip

Tasty-K
12-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi fellow cgtalkers,im considered quite new to the forum,though i joined while back but wasnt very active,i was away from digital art and became a turn tablist,feel like its time to play around with my wacom and heres my 1st official post in cgtalk:)im a huge fan for capcom character 'Morrigan' and this is the line art/sketch for my fan art piece,will spend sometime to work on colors soon,feel free to comments

thanks,
K

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/961/morriganlt3qe8.jpg

RhettAllen
12-05-2007, 10:36 PM
The right bicep is too short. Look at where the elbow is compared to the left arm.

The way the left foot is placed, the knee would be pointing outwards further.

The right leg is shorter than the left leg. You can shorten the left leg by shifting her weight onto her right leg and putting pulling up the left heel. You can bend the right knee and lengthen it from the center. Or push the pose and pull the right leg out and lengthen it to match.

The face looks a little too full.

The right foot looks very narrow.

Good luck.

Tasty-K
12-05-2007, 10:58 PM
thank you so much for the constructive comments,the character are meant to be anime like,therefore the anatomy would seem alil off in certain point,personally,i quite like the face and the way she look,nontheless,i'll look into your comment and fix accordingly.thank you:)

TheAnimatorAlexis
12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
I agree with GravidEngine--especially about the arms. I have the figure that (I think) you based that off of, and the proportions are definately different than that. Even if you are going for an anime look, the arms are still (generally) the same length, especially on attractive characters. I also think that the face could use a bit more work. The shading is very nice though. If you fix those couple of things, this will be a great piece.

Advarsky
12-06-2007, 05:57 PM
You must rework her cloth and right "ear-wing". The cloth looks to solid and don't hang on right. And right ear-wing is not the same as the left one. And, yes, the face is really a bit full. :p

Tasty-K
12-07-2007, 12:17 AM
hie TheVampireNeko ,thanks for the comment ,yeah.the character was base on the figure posture,i tried to recapture her with my own interpretation.yes,the arm will be fix and the face:Di guess my art skill depleted since i become a dj few years back.:P a lot to brush up

thank you Advarsky:)yeah the clothes look sketchy for now,i will do touches and refine more on it:D i will change the face for sure.

CybrGfx
12-07-2007, 05:25 PM
"Anime-like" will NEVER be a good excuse for bad rendering. Manga and anime have VERY specific guidlines for the rendering of heads and body proportions. That's how it became established as a specific style. It can't be used to justify poor angles and proportions.

The expression on her face is good, but the facial shape is "dough-y," with no real cheekbone definition, and the nose almost nondescript, except for the protruding tip (which could be attributed to Anime, but is too soft in comparison to the eyes and mouth, which are very hard. Her head also looks weird, because her neck is too thin, and the entire shoulder/neck/head portion is too short, and jammed on top of the breasts. Her armpits should be ABOVE the top of her breasts, not halfway down...

Her breasts are two different sizes, with her left one larger. This is a normal human occurance, but worse, is that her outfit is extremely wonky at the top, by the breasts, with that left side having some weird horizontal insert...

Her elbows are at two different lengths on her arms...THAT one is just bad anatomy, period. For reference info, the Upper Arm should be 1 1/2 Head lenths, the Forearm should be 1 1/4 Head lengths...And they should ALWAYS be the same from one side of the body to the other... ;)

She appears to have absolutely no hips or butt, with her legs directly joined to her spine.
Her thighs are overly heavy, especially the one on the RH side of the canvas.

Like her elbows, the knees are at different heights, and her left knee is severely displaced, possibly a side effect of her deformed left thigh and hip. This is evidenced by the thick and heavy boot with the gigantic strap, which is angled outward, while the rest of her entire body is twisted and leaning the opposite direction. This, as opposed to the misshapen right foot, which shows something of a "Chinese Foot Binding" effect in the toe area...Her right knee has the support of the extending leather from the boot, which is good, since that kneecap appears to be hyperextended backwards, rather than foreward, with a noticeable inward bend towards the much longer, thicker, hipless leg. She simply cannot walk the way you have drawn her. Her right side is so much shorter than her left, she looks like she could topple over quite easily.

Her hands are too lage for her wrists, and her right thumb looks simply huge, even allowing for the custom glove.

This is a really nice concept, but you will have to make some serious anatomical corrections to make it look more like FanArt, and less like a physically challenged Cosplay.
You have a fair amount of work to do before you're going to be ready to work on colors.

This is NOT any type of attack on you or your skills, this is just pointing out those visual discrepancies that other people will see when they look at it.

Tasty-K
12-08-2007, 06:04 PM
CybrGfx- i must thank u for taking the time to comment thoroughly on the piece,its very much appreciated:)no im not offended at all ,infact,im expecting to get such feedbacks .yes it seems like there are anatomical problems overall,i'll definitely rework on it.thanks again

Advarsky
12-08-2007, 09:06 PM
CybrGfx rules! =))) haha
Yeah it a pleasure when someone hardly critique your painting. Everyone must like it! :applause:

Tasty-K
12-11-2007, 09:11 AM
i took all the advices from u guys and re sketched the character base on the same pose with improved proportion:)2 hours sketch
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1942/morrigants7.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2007, 09:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.