PDA

View Full Version : Object localaxis

puthra
12-05-2007, 06:46 AM
iam using maya since some days here i want the object or the controller localaxis is set to be as the joint localaxis and also the controller should translate in respective to localaxis only.

shinyprem
12-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi

Select the controller and press "down arrow" in the keyboard, this selects the controllers shape node, now "shift" select the Joint and type" parent -r -s;" in the command line. This will orient the joint.

http://shinyprem.cgsociety.org/about/

Rgds,

ashishdantu
12-10-2007, 01:02 AM
hi puthra,

prem,, u r talking about shape parenting.. but i guess when puthra says "controller localaxis is set to be as the joint" .. luks like he wants a controller separated from the joint, and use the former to control the later ??? b'se shape parenting will give him a control to grab on, but he wud end up animating the joint itself ! is this what u want puthra ?

if not, then read on....

you can make a controller and hav it oriented to a joint and once you have the same orientation of these both , you can connect their channels or use constraints.. heres what i 'v been doing :

select a controller and then ur bone,

string $sel[]=`ls -sl`;
delete `parentConstraint`;
select -cl;
group -em -n ($s[0]+"GP");
delete `parentConstraint $s[0] ($s[0]+"GP")`;
parent $s[0] ($s[0]+"GP");
makeIdentity -apply true -t 1 -r 1 -s 1 -n 0 $s[0];

this shud give you a group on top of ur controler and now it shud be oriented to ur joint, and ur controller will be zeroed out tooo.

plug this Group into ur rig hierarchy and connect channels or constraint ur joint to the controler..

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2007, 01:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.