PDA

View Full Version : argghhhh!! IK spline is ruining my rig

HellBoy
12-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Hay all

I noticed I kept getting this problem for a long time. Basically, if I move the parent curve (so the whole rig moves) the IK spline is becoming madness and I get a unwanted curve. Here's a screen shot of my rig.

Defaul stance = Without me moving anything

Left or Right = When I move the parent root on my X axis

Front and Back = When I move the rig on my Z axis.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/mwarsame/mayahelp_rig.jpg

I would really appreciate if you pros can help me :beer:

Ollarin
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Make sure the IK spline curve and clusters are not in the same heirachy, i usually just put the IK spline curve and clusters into a seperate group, not parented to anything (A noTouchy group, i call it. :p), and then you can contrain the clusters to the controls.

That should fix it. :)

HellBoy
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Make sure the IK spline curve and clusters are not in the same heirachy, i usually just put the IK spline curve and clusters into a seperate group, not parented to anything (A noTouchy group, i call it. :p), and then you can contrain the clusters to the controls.

That should fix it. :)

Thanks mate

I tried parenting the actual IK spline curve to the main curve control and it worked. Hope there's no side effects in doing so :D :D

CGTalk Moderation
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.