PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this Maya plug in?

frading
04-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Hi, I recently wrote a plug in for Maya, whose purpose is to accelerate the work of animators. It allows them to add a manipulator for any attribute.

So, here is a page with a more detailed explanation about it:
http://perso.chello.fr/users/f/frading/persistentManipulator.html

I believe that this plug in could allow you to combine a set of manipulator with a character rig, so that you can easily access any attributes without having to search and select your object. So, the animation process should be even more intuitive.

So, I hope some of you will find the time to try it, and if you like it, I might try and improve it.

wrend
05-05-2003, 07:35 AM
hey, i really like the look of this, and would love to see its extension, most notably to handle attributes not on transforms. i have great interest in your plug for uses other than in the context character rigs.

surprised this thread slipped by ...anybody else had a chance to play?

nice work, keep at it!
cheers.

frading
05-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Hi,
thx for your comments, I appreciate a lot! it is really nice to see that people enjoy using your work!
So do not hesitate to talk about it around you!

And by the way, as I am looking for a job, so if you have a need for a TD or a developper...I AM FREE :)
and here is my reel:
http://guillaumefradin.free.fr/GUILLAUME_FRADIN_SHOWREEL_2003.avi

wrend
05-09-2003, 10:09 AM
hey frading,
do you think you'll have the chance to extend the plugs functionality? manips for non-trnasform node attribs?

im likely to be involved in a fairly long film project (1.5 years), and in the event we need some extra TD action, ill keep you in mind!

frading
05-09-2003, 10:21 AM
sure!! keep me in your mind!
I'd love taking part in such a big project! So, really, do not hesitate to contact me.

On the other hand, about the manipulator plug in, I am not planning on improving it right now. I am currently working on scripted character rigging for a tv project, so I am quite busy, but I wanted to know the opinion of guys like you, so that I could know what to improve when I ll have time for it.

see you!

by the way, have you watched my reel? any opinion about it? :)

nemirc
05-10-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by frading

by the way, have you watched my reel? any opinion about it? :)

Not a recluiter but I am working on a reel right now...

Downloading it in the following hours. I want to see how a "real" showreel looks like :bounce: :applause: :scream:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.