PDA

View Full Version : Particle rotation along with the path

sorabji
12-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Hello. First of all, excuse me for my not-so-good english.

I'm a beginner in this particle flow thing and I have a question.

I'm making an animation of a lot of butterflies flying (with PF) but the are always oriented the same way... they don't change de orientation as long as their path change.

I only have an emitter... gravity, wind, and a vortex... all the movement of the butterflies is from there. So... someone can PLEASE tell me a tip of how to control this... I' ve tried playing around with rotation and spin but I didn't get any good result.

Thanks!

Bobo
12-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Hello. First of all, excuse me for my not-so-good english.

I'm a beginner in this particle flow thing and I have a question.

I'm making an animation of a lot of butterflies flying (with PF) but the are always oriented the same way... they don't change de orientation as long as their path change.

I only have an emitter... gravity, wind, and a vortex... all the movement of the butterflies is from there. So... someone can PLEASE tell me a tip of how to control this... I' ve tried playing around with rotation and spin but I didn't get any good result.

Thanks!

The Rotation Operator has a Speed Follow option which orients the particle with its X axis along the velocity vector, so if your object is changing direction of motion, it also orients itself along that direction. Try that and play with the axes to get your butterflies following their actual motion trajectory...

sorabji
12-13-2007, 02:02 AM
thank you very much!

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2007, 02:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.