PDA

View Full Version : Software choices for this work

shokan
12-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I want to use Poser figures that have been detailed in another program by me for still scenes and animations. I am new to 3D, having used Amapi a little in the late 90's.

I have Poser 7 and C4D. I want to export from Poser 7 to a software that can do fine detailing/tweaking of the Poser model. I have been considering Modo 301, ZBrush 3.1, Hexagon 2, Silo 2 and Interposer plugin for C4D (I'm buying this irregardless). What is your recommendation for the additional software I could do well by from the ones I listed or any others you know of?

bobtronic
12-02-2007, 11:18 PM
ZBrush, Mudbox and Silo2 are probably your best bet for detailing models. All three applications have demo versions, so you should try them out. On note, there could be some problems with Poser models because they often contain alot of triangles which can result in some ugly artifacts when subdivding. So make sure to try out how they will look once they imported and subdivded for detailing.

cheers,
Matthias

shokan
12-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks. Will the skin textures for the Poser-type models still fit the mesh if I modify the mesh with detailing and modifications in one of these programs?

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2007, 11:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.