PDA

View Full Version : Save Us, Dan Tsuberi (3D)

DanTsuberi
12-02-2007, 05:31 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/279752/279752_1196620299_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/279752/279752_1196620299_large.jpg)

Title: Save Us
Name: Dan Tsuberi
Software: Maya, mental ray, Photoshop

Hi there.

This Is my latest work, inspired by Serj Tankian's song "Saving Us" in his album "Elect the dead"
the video actually inspired me, and you can see it on you tube.

very simple model, with very simple shaders, made in maya and rendered with Mental Ray.
Color Corection and Photo Filters in Photoshop.
Noise was added too to add some shock effect, somthing is disturbing to viewer, coz the idea of the work is pretty simple and many will get it pretty fast, the noise will make the disered effect, to a bit isturb the viewer.
moreover it add pretty cool photorealistic effect too.

Please check out the full size version
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/12/1170963/SAVEUSFINAL.jpg

thank you very much for the view
Dan Tsuberi!

JGW
12-04-2007, 01:54 AM
en, i love the concept, especially these words, really my type!

Dtox
12-04-2007, 05:51 AM
I'll be the first to say it I guess.

I don't get it.

I get the idea, I understand the words and see how they're connected, and see the camo fabric.

The noise thing is what's confusing me. What effect is the noise supposed to have aside from adding the realism?

I'm all for spreading messages in art. I think it's the entire reason behind creating it.
So maybe I'm looking too deep and missing the obvious.
But I went and watched the video on youtube, and there were all sorts of messages by people arguing the point of the video, interpreting it, etc..

Alot of anti-Bush sentiments are being read into the video.
I'm not a Bush fan, and being American I am well aware of the problems we have and create for ourselves and everyone else.
It just seems like the gravity of the message contained in that video is being blown out of proportion.
People are talking like the message is on the same level as the destruction of the Berlin wall or something.

Yeah, Bush is an idiot, but the world was in much the same state as before he got into office.
The state of things is the fault of every living soul. It's nice to have a focal point to your anger, of course.

But if anyone thinks for even a millisecond that George Bush is running America, I got some swamp land in Egypt for sale at a great price.

Presidents are groomed for years and years to get into office, and push an agenda that was created decades ago.
Americas problems go WAY deeper than just having an a**hole for a president.
The President is just a figurehead for people to love and hate while the real powers that be work in the shadows.
It's simple really, while everyone is busy hating Bush, their attention is diverted so they won't see what's really happening behind the curtain.

America was created as a business entity by wealthy Europeans who were sick of having their interests controlled by a monarchy.
They sent mercenaries(AKA-Pirates) to come to America and pillage the natives to soften the ground and make it easier for the taking.
Then the businessmen came over to setup shop and practice capitalism. But first they had to get rid of the bad elements, which is what the Civil War was all about.
It's not called the "War Of Northern Aggression" just because it sounds good!

The same pattern repeats itself over and over.
They're using mercenaries right now in Iraq in much the same way.

America is now, and always has been, nothing but a sovereign state used as a staging ground for international business interests.

If anyone doubts this, do the research. It's impossible to miss!
Do a search on "The Carlyle Group".

DanTsuberi
12-06-2007, 12:24 PM
well,
i can see what do you mean and how you got there..

but this work is more general at its aimming, nothing about bush or america...
im from israel, and many of my friends feeling the goverment forsaken them at the last war.
dont support and tons of coraption.

so the work here, cries for anybody..."Save Us"
after all the sh!t the goverments all over feed us

evolvingeye
02-24-2008, 04:40 AM
Awesome, great Idea!

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2008, 04:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.