PDA

View Full Version : Face to face

LAV
12-01-2007, 10:36 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1196548559/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1196548559/1024bound)This is my second entry. It is a bit more visual than first one. Everything is started by null object transformed in an attractor cloud of ponts via Lightwave Hypervoxels and Aurora's attractor plugin (the blob worm on the left). I see a warning in it's 'turning the head'. So I get .a sphere and I displaced it with a procedural texture (the red assaulting 'thing' on the right). Background is a render of Apophysis flames fractal program. Lines are degenerated (2 points) polys. 2 volumetric lights (on the right) and 32 spot lights derived from an HDRI image (via Lightbitch) make the illumination.
All done in Lightwave 9.3.
Hope you like it (and hope my english.is skilled enought)

aurora
12-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I love the way you can take something simple and bend it to your will in such an effective manner! Nice blending of elements from so many different appss. Love it Lav!

LAV
12-05-2007, 01:30 PM
The point is that your plug is a wonderful mine of power. Hope you don't discontinue its developing.

aadams
12-05-2007, 03:46 PM
LAV :

I love fractal work myself but consider this:

your atmospheric perspective is off...and maybe you want that...but I just thought I would call your attention to it...

your not just in the algorithmic world now, my friend...but your work is actually physical and in it has form........light......shadow.....material

meaning...check over your lighting and materials...use the background plate to give you lighting information....

try not to place light where you want to see or shaw detail...let the lights from the environment reveal the form....

that is my opinion...you may not want to take that direction with your work...and I would respect that...your creative efforts are still completely valid.

LAV
12-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Hi friend. Any critic is welcome.
The main problem, when you try to mix a basically 2d Apo render in your 3d environment, is ... that the first one is 2D and the second is 3D. :( And the picture is a standard JPG image, not an HDRI one. I used an HDRI image to derive a set of lights according with its lights information but this image is too different from the other: my main error, I admit. And I agree: the things are ... too much sharp and not so according with the environment.

In this side of 3d, lacking the reality as reference, you have a lot of way to be 'wrong'.
Many thanks for your critics.

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2007, 06:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.