PDA

View Full Version : Arm Twist Problem

adamdaly
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
hey,
i've created a pretty simple arm rig consisting of 2 bones for upper and lower arm with an ik chain. i have 3 bones placed between the wrist and the elbow, each with an aim contraint towards the elbow. Each of these bones is position constrained to the end joint of the previous bone by their first joint. Then i used expressions running off the hand/wrist control to control the rotation of these 3arm twist bones. But this doesn't work very well.
the problem is that the contraints take too long to up date which i think is leadng to the deformation problems of the mesh.
also the joints seem to twist the arm completelly out of place even when i haven't placed that much rotation on the hand control.

theres got to me a better method to set up these joints, could someone point out where i'm going wrong.

thanks,
adam

LucentDreams
11-30-2007, 07:18 PM
spliest way is to use Spline IK with the spline controllers being the joints of the main IK chain, and then skinning to the spline IK. Let the Spline IK twist do the work for you.

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2007, 07:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.