PDA

View Full Version : Cubic in the round

aurora
11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1196433514/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1196433514/1024bound)The last, most likely, in my Sierpinski recursion images. I call this one 'Cubic in the round' as it pretty much declare the simplicity of the simple setup. Again created and rendered in LightWave 9.3
Now onto some real work for this comp! I love the work you guys are doing and really need to kick up the gear!

LAV
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
I suppose this is a piece of possible nature face you can't see in real world. I like it very much. How many recursion limit did you set?

aurora
11-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Believe it or not this one is only RRL=12. It got seriously blown out and looking like crap with anything higher.

prudence
12-18-2007, 02:59 PM
sweet work.
I don't know this fonction in lightwave? it's a plug?
cheers
prudence

aurora
12-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Nope none of my custom plugins for this, just pure plain LW. RRL= ray recustion limit and is found on the Render Globals tab. Materials are all Conductor, lights are all linear type (5 of them in this setup) and no ambient no GI no images (hdri or otherwise.)

Exper
01-11-2008, 10:17 AM
This is the my own preferred Recursive Reflection image.

Some sort of 3D Flame Attractor achieved without using fractals at all. :buttrock:
It completely blows my brain... just to put my fingers back on LW soon or later.

aurora
01-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks exper. This was the simplest setup and gave the best results I have had so far, although I do like my infernal dawn series from a coule years ago a lot too. I'll post the setup later, you'll be surprised at how esay this one was especially with the nodal shading!

svengali
01-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Mandala medication - I like the lighting, the color... and the silence of this work.

Sven

Exper
01-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks exper. This was the simplest setup and gave the best results I have had so far, although I do like my infernal dawn series from a coule years ago a lot too. I'll post the setup later, you'll be surprised at how esay this one was especially with the nodal shading!
I bet it; the simplest things are quite always the most complex to achieve! :thumbsup:

aurora
01-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Actually theres nothing stopping me from posting info on its setup here so I'll post a couple screenshots tomorrow or Monday.

aurora
01-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Ok heres the intensly simple setup for this guy.

http://www.auroragrafx.com/images/Posting/CubeOctaHedron.jpg
I used 5 linear lights all aligned on axis no ambient, no GI. All spheres used a Conductor material which had an Incidence Angle gradient connected to the Conductors spec channel. Render with a real world lens, no AS, just 27 levels of AA. RRL was only 12 for this scene any higher and all it did was blow things out even more.

Like I said compared to alot of others I/wee have done this is just about the easiest setup I've personally done and by far the most complex in depth/detail.

LAV
01-13-2008, 10:16 PM
That's the fractal face of the nature. In a word, you have done a great 'reverse' work: from 'real' things you made visible their fractals side. A different workflow than the 'random push and click on buttons' as someone named the use of fractals program. ;)
Congrats for your construction planes...

aurora
01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Yeah I'm actually really happy on how this one popped out. If I were smart I would have worked on it more for this challenge as my Dynamic DLA/Cell Automata app is still not finished and the results I used for the challenge is eons from where I wanted to go with it.

Exper
01-25-2008, 11:00 AM
This setup is a masterpiece! :thumbsup:

aurora
01-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Glad you like it my friend! I've been asked so I will be doing a short vid tut on how to create, texture, light and render our annual favorite play such as this one. But alas that won't be till next month.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2008, 04:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.