PDA

View Full Version : Maya Camera into Fusion

enochian
11-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I have a 3d set I made in maya with a camera that moves into a window. I'm trying to comp blue screen footage in the window.

I have baked out the animation of the Maya camera and exported it out as a *.ma file and created a locator in maya where I want the footage to be and export that point out as a *.ma file.

In fusion I have the blue screen footage as a 3d Card, and I have imported the camera with the 3d camera node and the point as a point cloud. I have the rendered scene as an image plane on the 3d camera and the blue screen footage on the null.

When I scrub through the timeline the footage does not track at all with the background plates.

I know I'm missing something really simple here and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

buzzman
12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Ryan,

First check to make sure your frame rate is the same in Maya and Fusion.

I have much better luck using FBX export from Maya. The FBX plugin will translate geomety, textures and camera data as long as the keyframes are baked. Then use the FBX import under the FILE MENU in Fusion. Fusion will populate the workspace with a 3D comp.

All of this info is on fxpedia.

Buzz

enochian
12-19-2007, 11:55 PM
thanks Buzz,

thats a lot help

Ryan

CGTalk Moderation
12-19-2007, 11:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.