PDA

View Full Version : Influence Objects & and Smooth Skinning

mental
04-17-2003, 08:54 PM
heya, i have a rig with several influence objects whose shape (blendshape) is driven by the rotation of a joint (an elbow for example).

when i add these influence objects to the smooth skin, an 'InfluenceObjectName'Base is created (ex. elbowInf gets an elbowInf_Base). the problem is that the vertices weighted to the Influence object will only follow the Base and not Influence object whose shape is changing.

any suggestions? :)

thanks
-mental

nemirc
04-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by mental
heya, i have a rig with several influence objects whose shape (blendshape) is driven by the rotation of a joint (an elbow for example).

when i add these influence objects to the smooth skin, an 'InfluenceObjectName'Base is created (ex. elbowInf gets an elbowInf_Base). the problem is that the vertices weighted to the Influence object will only follow the Base and not Influence object whose shape is changing.

any suggestions? :)

thanks
-mental

It seems you have to repaint the weights...
Also: did you turn on the "use elements" attrib in the skinCluster node?

mental
04-17-2003, 09:08 PM
i've come to the conclusion that sleep is a very good thing. and the lack of it is 'un-good' :)

that was it nemirc. i had use component 'off' on the skin cluster. all the while i was turning on the 'use component' on the influence object itself and was wondering why it wasn't working :rolleyes:

thank you very much nemirc.

-mental :surprised

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.