PDA

View Full Version : Maya Que

ryguy
04-17-2003, 08:18 PM
I made a simple external application that can control your scene's render globals without having Maya opened.

I was sick and tired of typing in the same network path for each render on each computer. (I've been doing a crapload of rendering) This app made my life so much easier.

I plan on adding more control (motion blur, alpha channels, network support, etc) later on. Right now, you can only control start frame, end frame, by frame, Xsize, and Ysize.

Since this application is external, you can't batch render. I can't find a way to detect if Maya's renderer has completed a job. (without having to make it a plugin).

http://www.3ee.com/docs/mayaque.cfm.

Of course if anyone wants me to add something, let me know! I put this app together rather quicky but it works. On a side note, when Maya Que is running, the priority is set to low... allowing Maya to have full CPU usage. Maybe I'll add an option where Maya Que closes after the render starts?

~Ryan

lowkey
04-18-2003, 11:32 AM
there's already a very far developed graphical frontend for maya renderers (native/mentalRay) available!

it's called renderPAL, you may wanna check it out for inspirational purposes? :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.