PDA

View Full Version : particles disappearing

cache
11-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Hello!

I have a problem with a scene, in which i want to control chunks(objects) as particles.

I have found the script to work with: http://www.p3d.hu/particle_chunk_script.txt
(I think it was written by Oleg himself :)

The problem is that it sometimes working correctly, but sometimes (happens a lot) it cant handle going backwards in the timeline, some particles disappear, and positions get messed up.

Do you have a solution for me ?:(

I'm using max2008.
thanks in advance !
cheers!

grury
11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
hum, why would you want to go backwards on the timeline, PFlow will have to update it self at every frame, if u start going backwards on the timeline I guess its no surprise that it gets messed up.

entrancea
11-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Did you try to use cache operator to cache the particles and go back and forth in your scene?

Regards,
Entrancea

cache
11-29-2007, 10:03 AM
i would like to go backwards and forward to see how particles behave again and again, see the animation in a whole - i think thats a natural process :)

i have tried the cache operator, but when i put it into the flow (anywhere), the fault happens again: particles disappear :(

OlegB
11-29-2007, 12:33 PM
The problem is that it sometimes working correctly, but sometimes (happens a lot) it cant handle going backwards in the timeline

Usually it's an indication that either script is wrong, or it was applied incorrectly.

And no, I did not write this script. Lately I "do" scripts only if "highly motivated" :) - for me it's significantly less painful to use Box#3 tools instead.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

cache
11-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I see, thank you Oleg for the info!

The strange thing is, that in another scene, with although different shaped chunk objects, but in a same situation used similarly - i dont have this disappearing problem.

Could someone who can script please have a look at the above linked script (if its okay or faulty)?
Or perhaps give me a link to a 100% working "chunk-script"?

it would really get me out of trouble for sure.
thanks in advance!

cache
11-30-2007, 01:11 AM
hmmm... i think i tried _every_ script i found to do custom chunk PF animation, but all make this bug.. when i move the timeline backwards, or just add the usual Collosion operator in order to do the deflector-trick, the particles of 1-2 flows (i have got 3, not complex, nor highpolies) disappear, and i have to re-evaluate the birth script, or if it does not help, reload the scene! But after it, it keeps doing the error..

i understand that these scripts were usually written for max 5 and stuff, but i cant understand why it does not work.

someone please help me :(

cache
12-03-2007, 12:24 AM
please help me if you can
:(

entrancea
12-03-2007, 05:15 AM
on ChannelsUsed pCont do
(
pCont.useTime = true
pCont.useTM = true
pCont.usePosition = true
pCont.useShape = true
)

on Init pCont do
(

)

on Proceed pCont do
(

MyFragments = $frag* as array --The objects you want to use have to have the name "frag*"
count = MyFragments.count

t1 = pCont.getTimeStart() as float
if (t1 < 0) then
for i in 1 to count do
(
pCont.AddParticle()
pCont.particleIndex = i

pCont.particleShape = MyFragments[i].mesh
pCont.particlePosition = MyFragments[i].pos

pCont.ParticleTM = MyFragments[i].objectTransform

)

)

on Release pCont do
(

)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change the names of the fragments in this script with the name of the fragment which you have.Reset the XFrom of the Fractured Chunks.

Apply this in the Birth Script.

Regards,
Entrancea

CGTalk Moderation
12-03-2007, 05:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.