PDA

View Full Version : Help with an effect

rotanadan
11-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Hello, this machine needs to pick dirt up off the floor then the dust needs to flow up to the top. So far it looks very unnatural because it all stays in a line and by the time it hits 2-3 deflectors which add gravity forces to stear the particles, they are going insanely fast. I cant just use a spline because the path the particles are going in is wide. Should I maybe model a "tube" and use it as a deflector and shoot the particles up it?

http://www.joepdesign.com/vacparts.gif
http://www.joepdesign.com/vactemp.jpg

ahmedsheeraz
11-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Try to use wind with turbulence for random motion of dust and add a drag to slow down the particles. This effect needs trial and error.

grury
11-29-2007, 07:01 AM
What are the settings on your deflectors? You may have too much bounciness and chaos, which is causing the fast movement.
Try using some wind space warps with torbulence to had a more random movement.

entrancea
11-29-2007, 08:54 AM
You can use a speed by icon operator and animate it with a spline path and use the keep apart operator to add divergence to the tail of the particle...make the particles spawn and route the spawn to an event with a wind force to add randomness to the spawned particles with turbulance and play around with the deflector settings to reduce or increase the bounciness......

Regards,
Entrancea

PsychoSilence
11-29-2007, 10:03 AM
how about using the good old PArray?!? just bind it to a path follow spacewarp and add wind for more randomness...seomtimes the old trixx are still the fastest and most easy ;)

rotanadan
11-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, after a bit of playing with it, Psychos simple aproach is what Im going with. Just because pflow offers crazy control, doesnt allways mean I need to use it :)

BrandonD
11-29-2007, 07:14 PM
No kidding. I did hundred of splashes from cars and parts of the Golden Gate Bridge (in "The Core") with just a bunch of PArrays ;)

jigu
11-30-2007, 02:40 AM
No kidding. I did hundred of splashes from cars and parts of the Golden Gate Bridge (in "The Core") with just a bunch of PArrays ;)

Can you give tips how did you do the car splashes with parrays? man i tried it with pflow and pwrapper. but it always make high poly in pwrapper including splashes generated by all 4 wheels. Poly counts go around 5 to 6 million faces. Please tell us how did you do it? did you use parray metashapes? :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2007, 02:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.